Caller Number not visible when call forward is active

• Dear SF Team,

Sometimes I work from home and then I forward my office phone to my mobile.
    However, when this is so, then whoever calls me in the office and my mobile rings, it shows on my mobile as if the office number is calling, it does not show the real caller ID.

Is this expected?
    I wander why is this so, because it is SF who does the call forward, and to SF the real caller number is known, so why does not forward this information too?

Thanks
    Zsolt

• Hi zmagyar,
    you have to activate "no screening" on your outgoing line. Also this feature has to be enabled by your provider.
    Most SIP-Provider have this enabled by default. If you use ISDN, you might have to call your provider and have them activate it.

Another idea when you are working at home:
    Take a Snom or some other phone with you and register it via remote on your STARFACE. This way you can save the costs for your mobile calls.

• Hi Torsten,
    Thanks for quick reply.
    If this would be due to screening then I would not see that my office is calling, it would say "unknown" or "blocked", but it does not, it shows the number as if the office would call me.

Re another idea, yes we tried it but due to slow network it is not reliable, as soon as the delay in ping goes above 150ms the interrupts are to offten
    Thanks
    Zsolt

• Sorry maybe you are right, the no screening on the SF was not activated, I did it now but can't test at this moment.
    Will let you know later.
    Thanks
    Zsolt

• Hi Torsten,
    Sadly, it does not work.
    Yesterday I tested it, today I upgraded to the latest version (3.2.0.2), and it still does not work.

Here is a log showing the incoming call and outgoing call, all the numbers are known, but still, on my mobile the office number is showing up

=========================================================================
    Connected to Asterisk 1.2.31.1-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1y-i currently running on starface (pid = 29662)
    Verbosity was 0 and is now 6
    -- Accepting overlap voice call from '0958506965' to '202' on channel 0/1, span 1
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing Set("Zap/1-1", "channelname=ISDN-incoming") in new stack
    -- Executing Goto("Zap/1-1", "calling|320202|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (calling,320202,1)
    -- Executing AGI("Zap/1-1", "agi://localhost/initdial.agi") in new stack
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---new Phone: ZAP/1-1 )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (__SFCLIDNUM=+385958506965)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (__SFCLIDINTNUM=)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (__SFCLIDNAME=)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---Call from : (name) (num) +385958506965 (intern) )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (LANGUAGE()=en)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CDR(userfield)=47415)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (setCallerPres) Options: (ALLOWED)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CALLERID(all)=320202: +385958506965 <+385958506965>)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[AGIKernel]---PostTargetDeterminationIncoming:Calling module hook 'BlacklistPBXModule')
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: ()
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[Info]---Call incoming to 320202 )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CDR(userfield)=47416)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (setCallerPres) Options: (ALLOWED)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CALLERID(all)=320202: +385958506965 <+385958506965>)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---new Phone: ZAP/1-1 )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---Call from : (name) (num) +385958506965 (intern) )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (LANGUAGE()=en)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[debug]---Setting calleraccountid to 0 because of a forward. )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CDR(userfield)=47417)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CALLERID(all)=+385958506965)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---CallerID : +385958506965 for call over line ISDN )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[Info]---Call outgoing for account 0 to 098369691 )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CDR(userfield)=47418)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CALLERID(all)=+385958506965)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---CallerID : +385958506965 for call over line ISDN )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]---Trying to place an outgoing call on line: ISDN )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (ChanIsAvail) Options: (ZAP/G31)
    -- Hungup 'Zap/5-1'
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (noop) Options: (---[info]--- AvailChan: Zap/5-1 )
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (set) Options: (AVAILCHAN="")
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (UserEvent) Options: (OutgoingCall|Data: Zap/5,098369691)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CDR(accountcode)=1)
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (Dial) Options: (Zap/5/098369691|90|wW)
    -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
    -- Called 5/098369691
    -- Zap/5-1 is proceeding passing it to Zap/1-1
    -- Zap/5-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/5-1 answered Zap/1-1
    -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/1-1 and Zap/5-1
    -- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup request, cause 16
    -- Hungup 'Zap/5-1'
    == Spawn extension (calling, 320202, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
    starface*CLI>

Here are the screenshots of our lines showing no screening switched on

• Hi Torsten,
    So here is the verdict, yes, it is a limitation of our phone provider, they do not allow this information to be sent, this is why I always see our main number as caller.
    But then I have another question, probably a simple to answer so I will not open a new thread.
    If the calls are forwarded, is it expected that they do not show up in the "Call list" in the SF user web GUI?
    If it is normal, is there any way to change this? My trouble is that if I miss the forwarded call, then I have no way to find out who was calling, unless the call would show up in the call list.
    Thanks
    Zsolt

• Hi Torsten, could you please answer the second question, I'm cleaning up my threads :)
    or do you want me to open a new thread for this question?
    Thanks
    Zsolt

• Hi zsolt,

currently there is only one way to display missed calls because of a forward. This way would be thorugh the phone you are using.
    A Snom can, for example, manage its own call lists. Since the STARFACE would do the forwarding, the Snom would register that call as missed (because it didn't answer it).

• Hi Torsten,

I guess this will end up as feature request, but let me clarify what I'm aiming to:

as confirmed in your reply to first topic, if a call forward in SF is activated, SF does send the calling phone number to the phone call is forwarded to, however, due to limitation of our (an maybe other providers) this call number actually does not arrive to the phone call is forwarded to.
    Consequently, if I miss the call on the phone, the call if forwarded to, I will only see the missed call, but I will not see who was calling.

Now, to overcome this limitation of our provider, it would be nice if the forwarded call would show up in the call list of the user, in the SF, simply as call which was forwarded, together with the call number of the party who was calling. In this way I would have a chance to figure out who was calling.

In current situation the calling number is known to SF but I have no way to find it out, and it is lost forever (unless I go and dig into the logs, I assume)

So, the bottom line, is possible I would file a feature request:
    The call list should show, beside the incoming, outgoing, missed, also the forwarded calls.

Thanks
    Zsolt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!