how do I run the VM-Ware image?

• Hi there,

I have downloaded the VM-Ware image. But I cannot start it. What do I need? Where do I get it?

Thanks
    Fake

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Torsten () aus folgendem Grund: corrected typing error

• This requires the Player by vmware®, which emulates a virtual operating system on the computer and is free for download on http://www.vmware.com Please regard notes and license terms of the creators.

The Browser-Appliance mentioned on vmware.com isn't neccessary to run STARFACE VMware Image.

Step by step:

• Installation of VMware Player
    • Unpacking of our .rar file
    • Double click on Red Hat Linux.vmx
    • The Player is opening: create a new UUID if asked.
    • Start the virtual machine.
    • STARFACE is booting.
    • After the boot process the IP address of the server is being displayed. Login password for root is: starface
    • Minimize VMware Player and open a web browser.
    • Open the browser settings to activate JavaScript and allow popups and cookies for the IP address of the server.
    • Enter the IP address.
    • A user account has been preconfigured with login-ID: 0001 and password: starface.

Note: STARFACE VMware Image offers all features bar telephone conferences and operation of ISDN cards.

Gruß / Regards
    Philipp

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!