number of digits of the incoming calls displayed by starface

• Dear starface team, can you please tell me how many digits of the incoming call should starface hanlde?

In the asterisk log I see that it takes only 12 digits

-- Accepting overlap voice call from '004981053700' to '202' on channel 0/1, span 1

this cuts of the extension of the caller and therefore he cannot be identified as somebody from our addressbook.

Is that all right or not?
    Before, when the incoming calls did not go thru starface we would be able to see the caller name, that means that our PBX was able to identify it, which further means that the PBX was receiving the full number from the telecom, but since we go thru starface this is not the case any more.

Can you tell us if that is expected behavior or not.

Thanks
    Zsolt

• And there is more to it, although I doubt it is due to limit of number of digits...
    If I place an outgoing call, the starface again does not show the name from the addressbook.
    What is to note however, that due to macro, starface does change the number.
    When I call 400463 it goes out as:
    -- Executing Goto("SIP/zsoltXllite-08c2d510", "international|400463|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (international,400463,1)
    -- Executing Goto("SIP/zsoltXllite-08c2d510", "international|**9*400463|1") in new stack

and starface call window shows **9*400463
    Is this expected behavior?
    Rgds
    Zsolt

• It's me again, so I just received a call from 004522196260 and this was indetified properly, so ti seems that the 12 digits are the limit.
    Can you please confirm this, and let me know if there is a workaround for this.
    Thanks in advance
    Zsolt

• Hi Zsolt,

the number of digits is not limited by STARFACE.
    I tried for example a call with a fake callerid

Code
    -- Accepting overlap voice call from '07211234567890123' to '4990961' on channel 0/1, span 2

So you see there are 17 digits signalled by our isdn provider.
    Are your sure that the number was signalled completely when using your old PBX?

Because of receiving an incomplete number we can't offer any workaround to you.
    This number is the only thing we get from the provider.

This is not an expected behavior:

Code
    -- Executing Goto("SIP/zsoltXllite-08c2d510", "international|400463|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (international,400463,1)
    -- Executing Goto("SIP/zsoltXllite-08c2d510", "international|**9*400463|1") in new stack

Is there anything configured in your Advanced Settings ? If yes, could you paste this here?

Regards
    Philipp

Gruß / Regards
    Philipp

• I don't know if the complete number was sent from our provider before because there was not way for me to see that. I just know that before the PBX was showing the caller name because it is defined in the addressbook of PBX and now it does not show it any more, so obviously the PBX is not getting the full number, but for me it was more to learn if more then 12 digits are supported by SF or not. Now when I know they are, it is just a matter of finding out why does the SF get only 12 digits...

For the other problem, yes we do have a macro, it was set up by Jocham I think, and it is because SF expects area code before the 6 digit number we dial for local call, or something like this...
    So the macro is good, only it confuses obviously the name identification, here is the code

[specialservice]

exten => _XXXXXX,1,Goto(international,**9*${EXTEN},1)

[[macro-timeout]]; ${timeout}

exten => s,1,Goto(timeout,1)

exten => timeout,1,Wait(30)
    exten => timeout,2,hangup

Thnaks
    Zsolt

• Just for the reference, Phillip tested it on our system and SF had no proble displaying I think 13 digits, so it is not a limitation of the Starface. FYI
    Zsolt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!