instant redirection to voicemail

• Dear Support
    Most of the SIP client application gives the option to ignore or reject the incoming call.
    Is there a way to instruct starface to forward the incoming call to voicemail if the ignore/reject button is pressed on incoming call?
    Thanks
    Zsolt

• It depends on the way the sip-clients reject an incoming call.
    Can you check how your sip-clients reject calls? On asterisk console you can see what SIP status messages the clients send to the STARFACE server...

Regards
    Philipp

Gruß / Regards
    Philipp

• Hi Zsolt,

the problem occurs if you have more than one phone, which is ringing. You can reject the call on one phone, but the other on will still ring. In this case the Starface Callmanager may be an option, where you can choose to a) reject the caller or b) forward the caller to the voicemail.

merry xmas

jochen

Zitat

Im Leben eines jeden Büromenschen gibt es drei einschneidende Ereignisse: Erstens einen Wechsel des Vorgesetzten, zweitens den Tod der Topfpflanze und drittens eine neue Telefonanlage.

• Hi to both of you and thank you to both of you, from your answers I got it all. So here is the conclusion:

I tested it on mac with zoiper and SJPhone.
    Zoiper hast two options on icoming call: reject and ignore
    reject results with:
    -- Got SIP response 486 "Busy Here" back from 192.168.1.39
    -- SIP/zsoltXllite-08e5fd60 is busy
    the ignore does not give any output in asterisk as the client does exactly what the option says, it ignores the call.

The SJPhone has only one option: ignore, and it behaves the same as Zoiper's reject.
    I would say zoiper does it better here, but anyway with both clients you can achieve sending "busy" to call.

And once you does it, asterisk behaves as it is set in redirect -> busy option i.e. in my case it ends up on voicemail.

To jocham's answer: yes you are right, as long as I have my other phone assigned to me too, in spite of sending busy, the incoming call does not interrupt but continues to ring to the caller. Once I removed the second phone it works as I wanted.

Thanks and happy Holidays
    Zsolt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!