newbie question for outgoing number

• Hi to all. I have starface pro with 12 snom phones.
    i have Starface version 5.5 with license

i have a sip trunk with my provider and 5 numbers assigned to it.
    how can i make all phones to dial out with the same number.
    i could only use 5 phones since i only had 5 numbers and those went out with the number that was assigned to them
    eg
    lets say i have these numbers 22123455 22123456 22123457 22123789 22121111. these numbers are assigned to the phones and they work but the number that is shown when you call is their number.
    i want all calls that go out from the system to appear as 22121111 how can i do that?

also is it possible for a phone that doesnt have an external number assigned to it to call outside the office.
    i tried it but it didnt work.

thanks for your time and your help in advance

• Hey gp-force,

If you want all phones (or more precisely users) to dial out with the same number you could create a group, assign the desired number and add all the users to that group. Users can signal numbers assigned to groups they are a member of.
    You can still assign additional numbers to each user for them to be reachable for incoming calls on those numbers.

If you do not want to add groups for the described purpose, you can also manipulate the outgoing caller id from within a module – however, this is not really a novice approach and beyond the scope of this post.

If you do not assign external numbers and use a Line-Routing configuration, users will not be able to dial out because there is no line to select. You could either assign an external number to the user or switch to COR (or Line + COR) routing. If you do the later, all that is left to do is add a default COR rule: number=0 with all the lines to use selected.

HTH

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!