diverted / forwarded calls

• Hello,

quick question regarding forwarded / diverted calls.

If person A with number 1234 calls me (Person B with number 9876) and I am transferring this call to person C (blind or after talking to person C). Person C is seeing my number (Person B with number 9876) and not the actual callers number (Person A with number 1234) on his phone / mobile.

Would that be a config problem of our Starface system or a service problem from our provider?

...hope this questions makes sense :confused:

• Hi Marco,

this could be an issue with your line configuration. Is "CLIP No Screening" enabled?
    Please be aware that CLIP no screening has to be enabled by your service provider.

If B initiates an attended transfer to C ("after talking to person C") then C will always see the CLIP of B.
    This is because we can't update the CLIP after the call was answered by an external branch.

Blind transfer is the exemption. Then C should see the CLIP of A.

Also in internal call scenarios you should always see the CLIP of the person you're talking to, because here we're not bound to the update limitation of the caller id as described above.

Best regards
    Niklas

- STARFACE Support -

Viele Grüße
    Niklas

- Ex STARFACE Support: 2014-2020 -

• Okay that's cool, but we actually have no SIP ... yet :)

I did activate it on our Starface overnight but it didn't seem to help.

Our provider (Telstra in Australia) send me this answer, but that didn't really help :(

Regarding the ISDN CLIP issue.

I have spoken to our carrier’s ISDN team, and was advised that the CLI from the initial caller will be lost to the ISDN service.
    I was advised that this is because the service sees the transfer as a new outbound call and the CLI is overridden as a result.

I am still trying to get an answer if the CLIP is actually activated or not, but not sure if I am getting anywhere ...

Anyway, thanks for your help again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!