Removing 00 before sending call to VoIP provider

• Hello,

is it possible to remove 00 international prefix before sending call out to VoIP provider? My provider requires number in format 1002+E.164 but our users would dial: 0 (for accessing outbound line) + 00 (international ) + E.164

I found that I can add 1002 prefix via COR Pre-Preselection, however could not find how to remove 00

thanks
    Orama

• sorry that I confused you.

What I would like to do is following: let users dial international numbers like this:
    0 (for outside line) + 00 (international access code) + E.164 (country code+number)

for example, to USA:
    0-00-1212-555-1212
    or UK:
    0-00-44-20-123456

but my VoIP provider asks me to send the number like this:

example USA:
    example:

1002 is prefix before country code (thats how they call it)

So I would like to know how to remove 00 before sending the call to outside line

thanks and regards
    Orama

• Hmm...probably you can try this:

Goto Administration > Extended Settings > Macros and paste into Macro Definition this code:

Code
    [specialservice]

exten => _000X.,1,Goto(calling,${EXTEN:3},1)

Every Call which starts with three "0" will be forwarded without the first three digits.

Example:

number which will be dialed: 12125551212

I hope this will help you

Gruß / Regards
    Philipp

• almost there but not exactly...

I see that macro removes the 000 before making routing decisions, and therefore it later confuses international numbers beginning starting with 1xxxx with local extensions also starting with 1x

If there was macro which could execute 000 removal after routing is done, then that would be great. Also this is needed because in case of COR, there can be 2nd priority level provider which would need some other rules

thanks
    Orama

• It's not that difficult, you can do this with a STARFACE module, there is just a function missing, we will add it for next release, then i will post the module here.

Yours sincerely / Gruß,
    OH

• Hi ohessel,

thanks for the information.

However, I am thinking if my setup is non-standard or am I misunderstanding something. I will try to explain what is my scenario.

For example, the system is located in UK, London with country code 44 and area code 20. There are no ISDN lines, only VoIP lines going out to VoIP provider. So, even calls for UK domestic or UK London should be sent in format: +44-xxxx (UK) or +44-20 (London) out to VoIP provider.

But the users in system are used to call to London like this: 020-xxxx or other cities in UK 0-xxxx and international calls 00-xxxx. Now, how would it be possible to remove 00 from the international calls? Is there any module really needed?

thanks and regards
    Orama

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!