Starface Homeedition

• What about "STARFACE Personal" or "STARFACE Personal Free"? I wouldn't call it "light" or "nano", because it sounds like the STARFACE for personal use is missing some features compared to the professional version which isn't the case.

Cheers

smaug

• How about
    - STARFACE @ home
    - STARFACE home edition

or for the complete logo something like:
    STARFACE family
    Comfortphoning @ home

Knut

• In keeping with the growing number of commercial Open Source products, I would recommend STARFACE Community Edition. That way folks of all kinds can relate, personal, non-commercial, as well as the all-important small and growing business users.

This would also start to encourage a developers community contribution of integrations, extensions, etc.

--SoyaWax Jim--

• ...STARFACE Community Edition. That way folks of all kinds can relate, personal, non-commercial, as well as the all-important small and growing business users.

Further, this would help the free edition to work as a "stealth" entry into larger commercial accounts. There are many IT enterprise shops that simply will not allow or will not take seriously anything with "home" or "free" in the product name. A potential major account user would, however, download a Community Edition and try it out on evaluation before recommending a purchase.

--SoyaWax Jim--

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SoyaWaxJim ()

• I think if you would like to place emphasis on the fact that the home edition is for non-comercial use only one of the following would do fine:

STARFACE PRIVATE (EDITION)
    STARFACE NON-PROFIT (EDITION)
    STARFACE NON-COMERCIAL (EDITION)

If the home edition is mainly released to test the STARFACE functionality:

STARFACE EVALUATION (EDITION)
    STARFACE TRIAL (EDITION)

To hightlight that it is only for a very small group of people you could use:

STARFACE GANG (EDITION)
    STARFACE QUAD (EDITION)

• In keeping with the growing number of commercial Open Source products, I would recommend STARFACE Community Edition. That way folks of all kinds can relate, personal, non-commercial, as well as the all-important small and growing business users.

This would also start to encourage a developers community contribution of integrations, extensions, etc.

--SoyaWax Jim--

I wouldn't call it "Community Edition" because it's not maintained by a community but by Vertico. This could be kind of missleading in my opinion.

I still think that STARFACE PERSONAL (EDITION) or STARFACE PERSONAL FREE is the most accurate name and is well accepted and understood.

EDIT: Other suggestions:

STARFACE START
    STARFACE STARTER
    STARFACE FREESTARTER
    STARFACE ENTRY

Cheers

smaug

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von aseith ()

• Hi aseith... Yes, I agree that Community Edition could be somewhat misleading in that the core of STARFACE is not open to developer contributions. But I was thinking that with growing use, there would be an API to encourage contributions of integrations to various services, documentation, language translations (both of the software UI and documentation), 'stack' installers to ease installation for the non-technical, and eventually maybe, add-on extensions and enhancements if the API would support it.

Without these kinds of opportunities, a Community Edition name would be misleading. But with this name, such contributions would be encouraged and recognized.

• STARFACE nano

okay, I will continue:
    STARFACE shuffle and I-Starface *scnr*

$df # root hat immernoch Platz
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
    /dev/ad0a 7984374 7750796 -405170 106% /
    devfs 1 1 0 100% /dev

• Hi,

I think "STARFACE HOMEEDITION" is a good name. Why do you want to change it?

Otherwise... "STARFACE SmallGroupWare" could be a good name.
    As name without STARFACE i could imagine "VoIP-at-home".

Greetings from Bonn,

Thomas

• STARFACE - Obelisk

greetings

Jochen

Zitat

Im Leben eines jeden Büromenschen gibt es drei einschneidende Ereignisse: Erstens einen Wechsel des Vorgesetzten, zweitens den Tod der Topfpflanze und drittens eine neue Telefonanlage.

• Ok,hier noch einige andere Gedanken / here are some more thoughts:

STARFACE QUADRIGA
    STARFACE MOONSHINE
    STARFACE RELAX
    STARFACE CHILLOUT
    STARFACE BASIC

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Torsten () aus folgendem Grund: adding english phrase

• STARFACE GO

or

STARFACE STARTUP

or

STARFACE for4

or

STARFACE entrain

or

STARFACE toGo

or

STARFACE foryou (also: 4you)

or

STARFACE entrée

or

STARFACE 400

or

STARFACE easy

or

STARFACE 4me (also: forme!)

or

STARFACE OK

or

STARFACE smart

or

STARFACE simple

or

STARFACE easy

or

STARFACE come&see

or

STARFACE plug&go

or

STARFACE you&me

or

STARFACE getin!

or

STARFACE hello! (also: hallo!)

or

STARFACE in-a-minute

or

STARFACE gear

or

STARFACE gain

or

STARFACE forfree (also: 4free)

or

STARFACE zero

or

STARFACE anneal

or

STARFACE basicPLUS

or

STARFACE nJoy

or

STARFACE enJoy

or

STARFACE worldedition

or

STARFACE world

or

STARFACE jump

or

STARFACE fly

or

STARFACE getit!

or

STARFACE eye

or

STARFACE root

to be continued ...

and: sorry, if a named one a second time ...

• At first I thought about "openSTARFACE" but "open" is usually used for software where the source code is available to the public.
    So why not simply name it "freeSTARFACE"?

• Here's my suggestion which just came in my mind 2 minutes ago:

STARFACE smile

:)

Greets!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!