Connect Starface to to Cisco CUCM

• Hello all, how can we connect our Starface PBX to a Cisco CUCM system (version 9x). This type of connection would normally be done with a SIP trunk but the only trunk functionality is very much directed at external SIP providers. We have tried to create a "new" SIP trunk but the our existing SIP trunk goes down the moment the second trunk is there and the Cisco can't connect anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hello dahmhenderson

The Moment you commit any changes to the phone lines, all of them will temporarly be shown as not connected. But it will go away.

Define the target device on the CUCM as "Trunk-to-Asterisk", and set the field SIP-Information to the Starface Ip-Adress.

And on the Starface side, create a new Line, where you define your numbers, and a new SIP-Trunk Profile with the following parameters

Sincerly Fabian

• Hello Fabian,

many thanks for your reply, I am still having issues.
    I have the following questions:

- What extra setup do I need to do on the Cisco side, Media Termination Point Required? SIP Trunk Security Profile: TCP or UDP? Anything else not in the default SIP Trunk setting?
    - On the Starface side what do I put in to the Number Area on the new Line
    - I wanted to look at the logging on the Starface system to see where the issues were but could not figure out which log has the information?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Stephen

• Hello Stephen

Zitat

- What extra setup do I need to do on the Cisco side, Media Termination Point Required? SIP Trunk Security Profile: TCP or UDP? Anything else not in the default SIP Trunk setting?

Media Termination Point Required == Yes
    I have no additional Infos about changes that Need to be made to the CUCM

Zitat

- On the Starface side what do I put in to the Number Area on the new Line

In the Number area define, the number/s which the CUCM will relay to the starface, otherwise starface will reject the calls, because the numbers are not know to sf.
    Also if the numbers are not defined, they also can't be assigned to users/Groups.

Zitat

- I wanted to look at the logging on the Starface system to see where the issues were but could not figure out which log has the information?

It'd check the "PBX" Log-File:

Sincerly

Fabian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!