Home-edition- remote SSH access

• hello, does starface guys allow root access on ssh remotely?

another thing, Home-edition 3 - size of the iso 814.42 MB
    usually the cd size is 700MB.
    wtf , are these guys insane?
    Why not two iso images.
    now the end user have to do R&D

• No, we aren't insane - just use a DVD and everything is ok ;)

SSH-Access is allowed - it is YOUR system and you can do with it whatever you want.

The root password is configured by yourself during installation process.
    If you are using STARFACE Virtual (VMware) root password is "starface".

BTW: I don't think that this "support issue" belongs to R&D

Gruß / Regards
    Philipp

• I really request for making two ISO images. Maybe, most of the people do not have a DVD writer. Did you ever look on the Linux repositories? You can always find CDs and DVDs versions.

Be professional if you want to win. If you are releasing something that does not fit on one CD then please make multiple CDs and a DVD version as well. Please make things easier for the end users.

I apologize for saying “insane”. Actually I can’t resist when I see something unusual. Maybe it is my problem.

Best regards,

Daejeo

• Hi,

now I understand your statement in the first post completely ;)

We will think about offering special ISO-files with a max capacity of 700MB.

Nevertheless we're actually trying to make the first steps with STARFACE very easy, therefore we provide our Special Version "STARFACE Virtual", which is a pre-installed VMWare Image.
    So in worst case new users just have to install VMWare Player, but not a complete Operating System on a dedicated Hardware.

Or just use our pre-installed APPLIANCES...

Regards,
    Philipp

Gruß / Regards
    Philipp

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!