MS CRM / a few comments

• 1. I only get the MS CRM 4 client in german language even I select ENGLISH as install language. That is fine / but I can't edit the messages it posts to Dynamic CRM - so on a call i get "Anruf von XXX XXX" which is fine by me - but not everyone speaks german :) - so please let us manage our own "messages" :)

2. on Vista you write the config.xml file in the programs directory. That does not work unless you give the user full access to the /Programs/Starface MSCRMxxxxx/ directory. The config.xml file should actually be stored another place where programs are ALLOWED READ/WRITE....

3. Starface WINCRM does not login from the component. That then requires users to set "Remember Password" from Internet Explorer so the CRM Plugin can post/enquire from the MS CRM system. That is a potential high security risk. Took me a while to figure that one out...

• Thank you, we will incorporate your feedback when developing a new version of this integration.

About 3:
    As an alternative approach in an intranet it should be possible to configure dynamics crm to authenticate the users automatically against the domain login of the current windows user so that internet explorer does not require a password at all.

• Thank you, we will incorporate your feedback when developing a new version of this integration.

About 3:
    As an alternative approach in an intranet it should be possible to configure dynamics crm to authenticate the users automatically against the domain login of the current windows user so that internet explorer does not require a password at all.

Thanks / yes but you might not have your CRM users in your own domain. Think Call Centers with external helpers etc. :) All other MS CRM applications have "login" capability.

Unfortunatly we are looking at another solution since integration software is simply not stable enough on Vista. So I would remove the "supports Microsoft CRM" from your website until you have a stable system running on Vista. (the applications keeps "breaking down") which means you are never really sure if it will work.

:(

• Unfortunatly we are looking at another solution since integration software is simply not stable enough on Vista. So I would remove the "supports Microsoft CRM" from your website until you have a stable system running on Vista. (the applications keeps "breaking down") which means you are never really sure if it will work.

Thanks a lot for your feedback once again. In the next days I will work on the problems number 1. and 2. reported by you.

Can you specify keeps breaking down a little bit in more detail? Is the CRM Connector Crashing or is STARFACE WinClient crashing or is WinClient loosing the connection to STARFACE?
    In the next days we are releasing a new version of STARFACE WinClient which will be much more stable than the current one.

• I think the CRM client has memory leak and that causes the problem

Memory usage went from 75MB to 290MB in about 8 hours / without a single indbound call. 75 MB is a lot - but 290MB is crazy :)

Then the CRM Client breaks down (starface winclient still online)

See attached warning I got today (Vista SP2 has a few new warning features)

• Thanks a lot for your feedback once again. In the next days I will work on the problems number 1. and 2. reported by you.

Can you specify keeps breaking down a little bit in more detail? Is the CRM Connector Crashing or is STARFACE WinClient crashing or is WinClient loosing the connection to STARFACE?
    In the next days we are releasing a new version of STARFACE WinClient which will be much more stable than the current one.

and sorry im not online in the forum every day :)

• Thank you very much for the report, we will investigate this issue.

Hi Tilmann,

what is the status?

Apart from that we changed our CRM 4 from On Premise only to On Premise and IFD (Internet Facing Deployment) / after that the CRM connector will not login and cant see the CRM server. Any ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!